Saturday, April 16, 2011

Survival



I'm happy to report that I found summer employment this week: a seasonal gig working a kayak rental concession*. It's not exactly career enhancing, but it's decent work with an organization I respect (the kayak program is a revenue-generating venture for a local outdoors recreation nonprofit). Plus, I wanted to spend as much of the summer outside as possible anyway. Why not get paid to do it, right?

This new opportunity is definitely a financial stop-gap, but it will nonetheless allow for some additional saving that we wouldn't be able to do otherwise. If anything, it'll help buy some time before we figure out our next move, which may or may not literally involve relocating to another city, state, country, etc.

*Interesting factoid: This will be my sixth job since Rach and I got married in 2009. It's my seventh if you count 'informal' work (For those of you who remember, I'm referring to the Clubhouse Bakery).

1 comment: